The Learning Commons is located on the first floor of the Library. It is home to a majority of the Library’s PC and Mac workstations, printers, copiers, microfilm readers, CDs & DVDs, whiteboards, and reference materials. The Learning Commons is also adjacent to the Multimedia Lab and the Center for Academic Success.
You can reach the LC staff by asking a librarian or simply stopping by The Desk.
The Learning Commons is available whenever the Library is open.
Reference & Research Services
Learning Commons staff provide timely access to information that enhances the quality of teaching and learning. Their goal is to help the Longwood community to cultivate and develop the information literacy skills essential for effective citizen leadership. They are available to assist you with the following reference tasks.
- finding answers and locating information
- learning how to utilize the resources of the Library
- searching the Library’s online databases and other electronic resources
- developing a research strategy
- identifying and acquiring appropriate resources
- citing sources completely and correctly