|Accounting, Economics & Finance||Amanda Hartman||x2443|
|Biological & Environmental Sciences||Mark Lenker||x2257|
|Chemistry & Physics||Liz Kocevar-Weidinger||x2445|
|Communication Studies & Theatre||Liz Kocevar-Weidinger||x2445|
|Education & Special Education||Tammy Hines||x2444|
|English & Modern Languages||Emily Cox||x2865|
|Health, Athletic Training, Recreation, & Kinesiology||Liz Kocevar-Weidinger||x2445|
|History, Political Science & Philosophy||Mark Lenker||x2257|
|Management, Marketing & CIMS||Amanda Hartman||x2443|
|Mathematics & Computer Science||Tammy Hines||x2444|
|Military Science||Liz Kocevar-Weidinger||x2445|
|Social Work & Communication Studies & Disorders||Tatiana Pashkova-Balkenhol||x2442|
|Sociology, Anthropology & Criminal Justice Studies||Tatiana Pashkova-Balkenhol||x2442|
|Women’s Studies||Tatiana Pashkova-Balkenhol||x2442|
Additional information about librarians is available on the staff page.
- Is familiar with the instructional programs and faculty areas of interest and/or research in the assigned departments.
- Notifies the department of role as liaison and maintains personal contact with the department or its representative at least once per semester.
- Meets with new faculty as close to their arrival on campus as possible to introduce oneself, the Library, and its services.
- Contacts individual faculty as needed.
- Is aware of developing programs and current faculty research and anticipates future needs.
- Responds to faculty or departmental concerns, questions, comments and relays that information to Library staff and/or director for comment and/or action.
- Keeps the assigned departments informed of new services and developments within the Library.
- Is available to faculty to solve problems users might be having with the Library.
- May collaborate with faculty on developing course proposals, syllabus revision, grant proposals, etc. requiring Library resources.
- Participates in Library educational programs, e.g., tours or bibliographic instruction.
- Prepares and offers orientation and instruction programs in subject area(s).
- Assists assigned departments with library portion of accreditation reviews, self-studies, etc. as needed.
- Learns procedures for approving and ordering materials.
- Becomes aware of current and retrospective literature in the subject areas assigned.
- Is knowledgeable of the Library’s collection in the assigned subject area(s) in all formats.
- If applicable, reviews the approval plan profiles and recommends modifications as needed.
- Reviews approval materials and makes recommendations for purchase.
- Is aware of publishing trends in the assigned subject area(s).
- Is knowledgeable of selection tools in the assigned subject areas and regularly identifies materials for acquisition from those tools.
- Reviews reference holdings in assigned subject area(s) and makes recommendations for acquisitions and withdrawals in conjunction with reference staff.
- Reviews gift materials in subject area(s) and makes recommendations for retention.
- Reviews holdings in subject area(s) for de-selection/withdrawal.
- Participates in development of written collection development policy; reviews policy and provides input for changes.
- Interprets collection development policy to faculty.