The Greenwood Library is lending e-reader devices for the Longwood community to interact with emerging book technologies and test their viability. The Library has Kindles, Kindle DXs, Nooks, and a Sony Reader available for checkout at the Circulation/Reserve Desk. Kindles are already preloaded with a selection of titles. If you are looking for a specific title, see the information below on how to request a custom-loaded Kindle.
Nooks and the Sony Reader are available as devices only; you will have to load your own content to read, such as free classics from Project Gutenburg or Ebsco E-Book Collection. For more information, please see the E-Books Guide.
E-Reader checkout is limited to Longwood students, faculty, and staff for three weeks with no renewals. Fines are $1 for each day overdue and borrowers will be charged a replacement fee for damaged or lost e-readers.
Request a Kindle with Specific Books
- Each person may purchase up to $20 per academic year.
- Check our existing preloaded Kindle titles to see if the one you want is already there.
- Browse the Amazon Kindle Store for books to purchase.
- Make sure the book is in Kindle format.
- Copy and paste the author and title below.
Please leave any feedback by taking our e-reader survey.