The Greenwood Library is lending e-reader devices for the Longwood community to interact with emerging book technologies and test their viability. The Library has seven Kindles, 29 Kindle DXs, eleven Nooks, and one Sony Reader available for checkout at the Circulation/Reserve Desk. Kindles are already preloaded with a selection of titles. If you are looking for a specific title, see the information below on how to request a custom-loaded Kindle.
Nooks and the Sony Reader are available as devices only; you will have to load your own content to read, such as free classics from Project Gutenburg or Ebsco E-Book Collection. For more information, please see the E-Books Guide.
E-Reader checkout is limited to Longwood students, faculty, and staff for three weeks with no renewals. Fines are $1 for each day overdue and borrowers will be charged a replacement fee for damaged or lost e-readers.
Request a Kindle with Specific Books
- Each person may purchase up to $20 per academic year.
- Check our existing preloaded Kindle titles to see if the one you want is already there.
- Browse the Amazon Kindle Store for books to purchase.
- Make sure the book is in Kindle format.
- Copy and paste the author and title below.
Please leave any feedback by taking our e-reader survey.